Saturday, April 17, 2010

Tentsuke

Tentsuke is a Japanese groceries store w/ a food court that's packed at lunch every single day.  It's located in Elk Grove Village, IL and it's one of my favorite place for a good, quick, and cheap lunch. 

It was like 10 minutes from my last job so when I used to work there, I ate at Tentsuke at least once a month... Now that my current job is 30-40 minutes away (whenever I am actually in town), I don't eat there as often but it's constantly on my mind.

I have to say, this place has never disappointed me with their food and they have a ridiculously large menu selection for a food court type place (in a groceries store too!!).  Although I have always sticked to the Big Dragon Roll, Tekka Don, or the Shrimp Tempura Udon, everything else on their menu have been tempting me non-stop... I often have to spend 5 minutes in line just to make up my mind...


So today, on my way to my dentist appointment, which is also very close by, I decided to treat myself a good lunch there first... Since I don't know if I could still be able to eat dinner after I walk out from my dentist's office... and dinner is always one of my top priorities...

OMG... this place was so packed!  Even more so since my last time there... they added a few tables (where it used to be shelves)... I guess word must have got out!!

So when it was my turn to place the order, I asked the girl, "do you know how long it would take?" and she said "about 5 minutes".  Seriously?  That's it?  I was skeptical... But guess what?  I got there around 12:30 pm and I am done eating by 1 pm - so they did a great job churning out high quality food and keeping the hungry people at bay...

And yes, I ordered the Tekka Don again... but hey, how can you say no to this big bowl of awesomeness??  To me, this is art!  Art by those 10 people busying themselves in that tiny little kitchen!!

So yeah, if you live in the suburbs of Chicago, you probably know where I am talking about or have been there yourself already.  For you out-of-town folks, I just recommended an awesome lunch place for you to try out the next time you are in town :)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...