Friday, December 28, 2012

Afternoon Tea - Cafe Causette @ Mandarin Oriental

An unexpected stop but so glad I went!  My friend text me during my Hong Kong trip and said he got off early and is enjoying afternoon tea at the Cafe Causette at Mandarin Oriental in Central, Hong Kong.  He is a walking encyclopedia of Hong Kong's afternoon teas so I am glad to try whatever he recommends!

Untitled

When I arrived, he already ordered an afternoon tea set for one but he said it's enough for two people.  Thus, I just ordered the ceylon orange pekoe tea.  (Note:  when I order tea, I normally just go for what sounds good and appealing at the moment... I actually don't know all the benefits there and then... all teas are supposed to be good for you, right?  haha...)

Untitled

My friend is right.  There is plenty of food in the tea set for one.  According to my friend, "food in a tea set usually taste bad but this one is acceptable".  LOL!!  I was just about to say the rose petal jam is yummy... well, to me, afternoon tea is more about time spent with friends and less about the food.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
UntitledUntitled
Untitled
Untitled
love their rose petal jam!
I think I need to Google the recipe and try making it at home

Maybe, next time, we will just order a la carte and get the items that actually taste good?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...