Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Don Quijote de La Mancha (唐吉柯德)

In addition to Namie's concert, I also went to Joanna Wang's (王若琳) concert last week.  (What a cultural weekend!)  The concert was very good!  She even did an encore for us!  woo-hoo!  I can't wait to go to her concert again in May!  (Hopefully the Rightful Heir will be released on iTunes then~)  Anyways, my friend and I had a quick dinner at a nearby Spanish restaurant prior to the concert and I thought I would share with you my experience.

Sharing the same name as the novel written by Miguel de Cervantes, Don Quijote is one of the very few Spanish restaurants in Macau.  In fact, this is the only one I have been to.  I am surprised there aren't more of them since most residents here are used to eating Portuguese food.

Since I haven't been to Spain (it's been on my wish-list forever), I can't certify if the food is authentic.  However, I remember I enjoyed the food on my first visit (December 2011) so I was slightly disappointed on my return visit.  The food wasn't bad but it wasn't how I remembered it.  Oh well...

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
You will not encountered any problem ordering with this picture menu!
Untitled
I didn't quite enjoy the bread, it was dry.
At least it was warm.  :/
Untitled
the custom made Sangria jars
Untitled
Leek & Potato Soup
Untitled
Pumpkin Soup
Untitled
It's supposed to be escargot but we were served snails (花螺) instead.  :/
Untitled
Octopus

I remembered and enjoyed this dish last time so I ordered it again.
Glad it still taste as good as last time!
Untitled
Seafood Paella for Two

The portion size is huge and there's lots of seafood!

Below are selected pictures from my first visit.  Repeat orders were not posted.  (Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures as they were taken by my iPhone 3G then.)

Untitled
White Sangria

Not bad, but you are better off making your own at home.
It's so hard to find yummy sangria!!!
Untitled
Clams in White Wine Sauce

This is good!  I need to remember to order this instead of the snail next time!
Untitled
Squid Ink Pasta with Calamari

Can't compare with the black pasta with ground calamari sauteed in aglio olio!! @ the Daily Catch in Boston but it's not like I can just fly to Boston here... :'(
Untitled
Sirloin?  New York Strip?

If I can't remember, it's not memorable...

Don Quijote de La Mancha (唐吉柯德)
Loja D,E, 30A-50 Kam Cheng Kok, R. Governador Tamagnini Barbosa, Vila de Taipa
氹仔舊城區巴波沙總督街30A-50號錦程閣地下D,E
Tel: +853 2882 5028
Hours: 11:00 - 22:30


Disclaimer:  I am not affiliated and I paid for my own food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...