Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sky 21

If I have to pick a place in Macau for late night drinks with the best view in the peninsula, Sky 21 gets my vote hands down.  

Untitled
view from Sky 21


However, the music at this place is absolutely horrible and the service is not much better.

Reasons why I will avoid this place at all cost:

1.  We were hurried to close our check when our party wasn't even half way done with our drinks.  Yet, the manager keep checking on us every 5 minutes to see if we are ready to leave.  I don't see him checking on our water that often!!  


2.  The table with a view was empty but the manager refuse to let us sit there.  He said there is a minimum charge for that table.  Fine, how much?  He never told us.  It wasn't mentioned anywhere on the official website either.  I can't help but wonder, is this the manager's way to save the better tables for his "regulars" or is he trying to boost the revenue?


3.  We were greeted by a mixture of DEAFENING hip-hop, R&B, Chinese pop, dance music, etc.  It was so horrible I can't concentrate on my conversation and I thought of leaving then.  Too bad we had just opened a bottle of wine... 

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I am sure some of you had better experiences than I did and I probably will still take my out-of-town guests here for the view.  However, I would rather go to Vida Rica Bar at Mandarin Oriental Macau or the Macallan Whiskey Bar at Galaxy Macau for a much better environment and enjoyable atmosphere.

21/F, AIA Tower, 251A – 301 Avenida Comercial de Macau, Macau
Tel: +853 2822 2122
Email: dining@sky21macau.com
Hours: Lunch 12:00 - 14:30 / Afternoon Tea 14:30 - 17:30 / Dinner 18:30 - 22:00 / Happy Hour 17:30 - 21:00 / Late Night (Weekday / Weekend & Holiday Eve) 02:00 / 03:00

Disclaimer:  I am not affiliated and I paid for my own meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...