Thursday, March 21, 2013

Zhu Yuan Farm (竹苑農莊)

My friend took me to a restaurant in China a while ago.  Minus the questionable surroundings, the food is quite good.  Even though the location is secluded, the restaurant is busy!  I was surprised when I spotted a Caucasian couple came and order a take-out!

Untitled
The restaurant sign to guide diners off the main road to the restaurant.
Untitled
More signs leading to the restaurant
Untitled
You will passed by a pond (?) before arriving
Untitled
I wouldn't have guessed there is a restaurant in the middle of nowhere!
Untitled
A very modest establishment.
The wood chips are used as fuel for the earth oven (土爐).
Untitled
Untitled
The don't issue official receipts here... -.-|||
Untitled
Questionable item #1 - the St. Patrick's green colored pond.
I was told there used to be fish in there :S
(Needless to say, we didn't order any fish)
Untitled
Old fashion kitchen
I wonder what they are cooking in those pots
Untitled
The grilled items are cooked in this open "kitchen".
it's so interesting to watch them work.
Untitled
the pro
Untitled
Somebody else's chicken :P
Untitled
Our chicken is going into the oven~~~
Untitled
the temperature is the key...
Untitled
very affordable prices  (all in RMB)
Untitled
Nothing spectacular about the soup but the bowl is nice.
Untitled
The vegetables are AWESOME!
In fact, China always has the best vegetables.
(they use the "organic" fertilizers... -.-|||)
Untitled
should have ordered more... yum...
Untitled
Roast Chicken (古法燒雞)

Juicy!
Untitled
Roast Pork Ribs (烤排骨)

Crispy outside and juicy inside
Fantastic meat flavor too~
Untitled
Free range chicken (!?)
Untitled
Questionable item #2 - what is it eating?  Is that what I just ate?
Good thing I only saw him after I finish eating...

Zhu Yuan Farm (竹苑農莊)
香洲區瀝溪水庫左轉100m
Tel: +86 135-3226-8089

Disclaimer:  I am not affiliated with this restaurant and my friend bought my meal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...