Monday, April 22, 2013

Dragon Palace (金龍軒) - Lunch

As mentioned in my other post, I am a regular at Dragon Palace, both for lunch (dim sum) and dinner (Cantonese cuisine).  Their dim sum is quite popular amongst the locals.  Consequently, it's always crowded during the weekends.

In addition to your traditional dim sum such as shrimp dumplings, pork dumplings, and BBQ pork buns, it also serves many unique dishes that I haven't been able to find in other places.  Below are some of my favorites:

Untitled
Shrimp dumplings (蝦餃)

It's like going to a burger place and not ordering burger if you don't order shrimp dumplings at dim sum restaurants.
Untitled
Pork Dumplings (燒賣)

Likewise, not ordering pork dumplings is strange, at least in my opinion.
I understand some people got tired over these 2 staple dim sums but this is how I gauge a dim sum restaurant
(i.e. if they can't even get these 2 dim sums right, you can forget it)
002
Seafood Roll (海鮮卷)

My absolute favorite!  It's shrimp and mayonnaise inside!
Untitled
looks like sushi but it's minced fish meat rolled in seaweed - one of my favorites!
Untitled
Chinese Chives Dumplings (韭菜盒子)
Untitled
Egg Custard Buns (奶皇包)

I am not a big fan of the BBQ Pork Bun so I normally get this instead.
The filling is egg custard.  May spill if eaten hot so you have to be careful.
Untitled
Steamed Pork Ribs (蒸排骨)
Untitled
Yuba Roll (腐皮卷)
Untitled
Crispy Pigeon (脆皮乳鴿)
Untitled
XO Sauce Rice Rolls (XO 醬腸粉)
Untitled
Black Chicken Meatballs with Amaranth (烏雞丸莧菜)
Untitled
Mango Pudding (芒果布丁)
Untitled
Coconut-Osmanthus Cake (椰汁桂花糕)

Dragon Palace (金龍軒)
4th floor, Hotel Golden Dragon
Rua De Malaca, Macau 
Hours: Weekday 11:00 - 15:00 / 18:00 - 23:00, Weekend 10:00 - 15:00 / 18:00 - 23:00

Disclaimer:  A close relative of mine works here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...