Monday, August 19, 2013

Hitachi Hada Crie CM-N820

If you have been a fan of the Clarisonic, I would like to introduce you another product that reached "Holy Grail" status on my skin care routine - the Hitachi Hada Crie!  (There's been a hype over this product and the Nu Skin machines in the market lately.  I decided to go with the Hada Crie since it's more economical and satisfies my skin care needs.)

P1460189


Most of my friends know I am one of Clarisonic's biggest fans.  I have been using my Mia for almost 4 years and it is my Holy Grail product.  Anyone who have used the Mia can vouched that his/her face is cleaner when the machine is used.

product image courtesy from Clarisonic.com 


Now that I have used the Hada Crie for ~ 2 weeks, I am ready to do a review!  First off, there are a total of 4 products in the line:  CM-N810, CM-N1000, CM-N820, and the CM-N2000.  The CM-N810 and the CM-N1000 are the older models, which have been superceded by the CM-N820 and the CM-N2000.  I decided to go with the CM-N820 in the end so my review is only on this product.  TripleRin had a great review on the CM-N2000 and a product comparison on the new models.

I got mine from Groupon Hong Kong for HKD1,698  (It retails for JPY18,800 in Japan).  I don't think it's the cheapest but I was lazy to shop around.  Unless you are buying it or you have a friend who were able to source it for you directly from Japan, I think the price different is negligible (?)


P1460194
Yay to worldwide voltage!
Untitled
The main difference between the N820 and N2000 is the "COOL" function,
which is supposed to minimize pores.  I decided that function is not important for me.

What's important for me is the wireless part.  I can use my N820 while lying on my bed!
Untitled
The main difference between the N820 and N810 is the elimination of the "Micropad" step or 5 minutes!
You may not think 5 minutes is a big deal but once you start using the machine,
you will understand the 5 minutes is a big deal, especially when you are sleepy.
Untitled
Instructions in Japanese
Click here for Chinese instructions
(It's on the older models)
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I tried using the Hada Crie alone and using it after the Clarisonic.  The best results were yield when the two were used together.  I started using the Hada Crie after I came back from Inner Mongolia and the cotton pad from D-1 is scary!  The D-4 cotton pad is the cleanest and rightfully so as I had a facial just the day before.  Overall, the results are pretty alarming and definitely motivate me to do the Clarisonic + Hada Crie routine religiously after I shower every evening.  This world does not have ugly woman, only lazy woman!



Untitled
D1 to D6
Untitled
D7 to D14
My skin profile for your reference:
  • I wear make-up to work and on weekends (if I am going out with friends).
  • I live in the city where air pollution is bad.
  • I have combination / dry skin and does not break out much.
  • I strongly believe in thorough cleansing, moisturize and sun block is the key to good skin.
  • My skin is not sensitive and does not over-react when I introduce new skin products to my routine.
  • My primary skin concern is moisturize and even skin tone.
I use the Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil to dissolve my make-up before I use my Clarisonic with the Neutrogena Natural face and body bar.  I got mine from Walmart for USD3.49 and have been using it twice a day for over a year!  I still got one-third of it left and I think it is going to last forever...

Shu Uemura Skin Purifier
Product image from courtesy from Shu Uemura
Neutrogena® Naturals Face & Body Bar
Product image courtesy from Walmart 

For the "Cleansing" step, I used the Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner.  This product is very gentle on the skin and smells wonderful.

Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner
Product image courtesy from Keihl's

I admit I was never an avid toner user but the results from the cotton pads have changed me forever.  If the Clarisonic improved my blackhead problem, I think the Hada Crie is going to eliminate it!  (Too optimistic?  Probably...  At a minimum, it was very easy to extract the ripe blackheads after this step.   See above for pictures of the used cotton pads I collected to show the amount of dirt it has gathered from my face.  I can only say... Macau is dirty.  -.-|||

For the "Moisture Up" step, I am using the Joseristine Apple Stem Cells Anti-aging Serum from Choi Fung Hong.  Two pumps is all I need from my entire face.  Of course, if you can afford it, I recommend the Lancome Genifique but that stuff is expensive.  I am still looking for my perfect serum but this one from Joseristine is not bad at all (especially considering how much it costs!)  I focus on the lymph nodes around my neck and I feel like my neck is tighter and my face got slimmer.  (The effect is similar to what you will yield from using the Nu Skin.)

Joseristine Apple Stem Cells Anti-aging Serum
Product image courtesy from Choi Fung Hong

Finally for the "Mask" step, I am currently using the Joseristine Apple Stem Cells Anti-aging Sleeping Mask unless I am using one of my many paper masks.  This mask is quite thick and good for this step.   However, I think I am going to switch back to the Laneige Water Sleeping Pack EX and see which will yield better results.  (Update: 24/8/2013 - I talked to a sales rep at Innisfree the other day and he does not recommend using the sleeping mask with this step as he explains sleeping mask is be absorbed overnight.  He recommends me to stick with the paper masks or even a moisturizer for this step.)  

Joseristine Apple Stem Cells Anti-aging Sleeping Mask
Product image courtesy from Choi Fung Hong

When it comes to skin care, I show no loyalty to any particular brand and I am always changing products.  (Thank you skin for being so tolerating~)  Thus, I could very well be using completely different products with my Clarisonic and Hada Crie the next time you ask me!  Anyhow, if there is a product you love, do let me know!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...