Sunday, August 25, 2013

Weekend Getaway: Hong Kong (June 2013)

For my birthday this year, my friends celebrated with me in Hong Kong for the weekend.  We had a lot of fun~  Thank you ladies for spending the weekend with me :)

Untitled
my birthday cake this year
a surprise from my friends!
We were able to secure a good rate with the Butterfly @ Wellington.  One of the reasons we picked this hotel is because it's located in Central and within walking distance to Lan Kwai Fong.  The beds were small but the size of the room is very good and the bathroom is very nice.  We were able to check-in to our rooms early and drop-off our luggage before heading out to lunch!

Untitled
The hotel lobby is quite nice
Untitled
Small beds but roomy interior
Untitled
The rose cushion says "hug me"

We had lunch at the popular Sing Heung Yuen 勝香園.  I missed their tomato based pasta and the lemon honey baguette!

Untitled
Untitled

After lunch, we took a taxi and went to the Ocean Park.  It's been YEARS since I came here.  I debated for the longest time if I want to go to the Ocean Park or the Disneyland.  In the end, Groupon decided for me :)  Although the weather was unpredictable that day, we enjoyed ourselves very much.

Untitled

After a long and fulfilling day at the Ocean Park, we went back to the hotel and rested a little before heading out for a little shopping~  We bought snacks and wine for the night to celebrate~  (We still plan to hit LKF later that night but we need to pre-drink a little...)

Untitled
Who can say no to 15% off on wine?
Untitled
okay, I admit... we went a little crazy here...

We started our night in LKF at Brickhouse, a restaurant I have been wanting to try for a while now.  It was 11 pm at night but the place was still packed!  We finally got a table but was informed the big kitchen already closed... the only food items available are the chips and salsa and the tacos :'(  Nevertheless, my tacos taste amazing and I can't wait to return for a full experience!

Untitled
Mojito
Untitled
Chips and Salsa w/ Guacamole
Untitled
Steak Taco (L) and Fish Taco (R)
Yummy!!!

When we finally got back to the hotel, my friends surprised me with the cake!  I honestly did not expect this.  It was very heart-warming!

Untitled
I have wanted to try this for the longest time!
Untitled
Thank you dears~
Untitled
Thank you for the bracelet!

We slept in for the most part on Sunday and had lunch at Saboten (勝博殿) in Causeway Bay.

Untitled

After rounds and rounds of shopping, we had a coffee break at the recently opened Muji Cafe.  Since it was quite late, almost everything was sold out... oh well...

Untitled
Cute display at Uniqlo
Let's go shopping!
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
The chopsticks and table cloth was a gift to celebrate their grand opening :)

We had dinner at our favorite sushi resturant - Sen-ryo (千兩) - and wrapped up our amazing weekend :)  I can't wait to do this again with y'all!

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...