Saturday, May 24, 2014

Momofuku Noodle Bar

There are so many eateries in NYC and most diners have been spoiled by the best of the best.  It is hard to to succeed in this city and even harder to maintain the success.  Momofuku is a success story in my opinion.

392

When you have over 1k votes on Urbanspoon and still retained a 88% "thumps up" rate.  It says a lot. The only downside is you will be waiting in line for hours even it's long past dinner time...

394
408
407

I believe a successful restaurant does not need a big menu.  In fact, most successful restaurants in my book offer a small menu. Quoting the words I heard from a restaurant owner, "If you come to my restaurant and didn't want to order my signature dishes, why did you come?"  Those words have resonate with me since then.

405

The key is consistency.  

If you put out a dish and they taste the same time over time, your customers appreciate it.  That's what regulars look for when they select their favorite restaurants and bring out-of-town guests.  Obviously you have to wowed them the first time and continually wow them time after time. Look at the pictures I took and the pictures other foodies posted overtime and you will find they look almost the same.  That's consistency. 

409
411
Pork Steamed Buns
413

I am probably the last person on earth you should ask about ramen.  Once in a while I do have a craving but to me, it's just a bowl of noodles that's way too salty most of the time.

I have been to many places that vowed to serve the best ramen but so far none had wowed me enough where I swear I would return... at USD$16, I think I'd rather have a burger... sorry!

424
momofuku ramen
pork belly, pork shoulder, poached egg

Momofuku Noodle Bar
171 First Avenue,New York,NY 10003
(btwn 10th + 11th street)
Tel: +1 (212)777-7773
Hours: M-T 12:00 pm - 4:30 pm, 5:30pm - 11:00pm
       F 12:00pm - 4:30pm, 5:30pm - 2:00am
       Sat 12:00pm - 4:00pm, 5:30pm - 2:00am
       Sun 12:00pm - 4:00pm, 5:30pm - 11:00pm

Momofuku Noodle Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...