Saturday, November 8, 2014

Bistro Jeanty

Another gem found hidden in my stash of old photos... (I know... there are so many of them actually... Hopefully I will be able to finish all those I wanted to post about this year then I can go back and sought through my old ones...)  These would be places I wanted to return if I were given the opportunity to go to these places again, God willing.  But then there are also plenty of uncharted territories in my plan... Life is too short!!!

44962_489822055976_6029537_n

250
The must-order Crême de Tomate en Croute (Tomato soup in puff pastry)!
Back in the day, my friend did all the planning.
All I did was follow and eat.
I still remember how good this soup was.

You know what, the restaurant actually shared their tomato soup recipe to the public.
I doubt I would ever made it this good and I don't think I would even bother to try.
(The truth is: i don't have an oven at my apartment here XD)
251
Smoked trout
I don't generally like trouts but I remember I liked this one a lot.
Very nice flavors and the vinegar added a nice accent.
253
Escagots
I think it is my first time to try them
very creamy and very tasty
Because of my experience here, I did not develop an aversion to them
and I look forward to trying them again
254
Steak Tartare
Ground to order (not cooked)  with croutons

My only complain on this one: NOT ENOUGH CROUTONS!!!
The tartare of one of the best I ever had.  Absolutely no tendons.
Very flavorful and so yummy, I can still remember the taste of it to this date!
(FYI: I dined here in September 2010)
255
Just the good old French fries.
We had to order this to go with the steak tartare because the croutons was simply not enough :P
256

Again, it was back in those days where I only took pictures of food (and friends).  So I apologize for not having many pictures of the restaurant itself to show.  But I am sure you can find those online.  (It's a very cute place!) Hopefully the most important elements of this restaurant is covered :D  It is sincerely my favorite meal in that trip to Napa.

Bistro Jeanty
6510 Washington Street Yountville, CA 94599
Tel: +1 (707) 944-0103
Hours: (Monday-Sunday) 11:30 AM-10:30 PM

Bistro Jeanty on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...